Power 2010 is an interesting response to the current mood of political disaffection in Britain.
After more than 100,000 votes, the POWER Pledge looks like this:
1) Introduce a proportional voting system.
2) Scrap ID cards and roll back the database state.
3) Replace the House of Lords with an elected chamber.
4) Allow only English MPs to vote on English laws.
5) Draw up a written constitution.
If these strike you as reasonable aims (1, 3 and 5 are surely long overdue), then why not sign the pledge? This kind of web democracy only works – i.e. sends a powerful message to our elected representatives – if enough people take part.